Our Internships Offer More than Just a Foot in the Door
Get career experience that really means something. By participating in our Lagre Business and International Division (LB&I) Summer Intern program, you can help examine the taxes of corporations with assets totaling more than $10 million. It’s an excellent way to view the corporate world from a new perspective. And this opportunity is open to all college students enrolled in a master’s program, with a concentration in accounting . You’ll also need to maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and meet other employment requirements.
What a Way to Gain an Advantage
One of the best benefits of the LB&I Summer Intern program is that it could lead you to a full-time IRS career, complete with the following:
- Work a Standard 40-Hour Workweek
- Alter Your Work Schedule: Sometimes, you’ll have the option to work four 10-hour days per week, with the fifth day off. Or, work eight 9-hour days plus one 8-hour day — and have the 10th day off.
- Participate in Leave-Sharing : If you “bank” your leave, you’ll be able to use it to take time off when you have exhausted your other available vacation, sick leave.
- Receive Overtime Pay and More : You’ll be paid time-and-a-half for working more than 8 hours a day, 40 hours in a week.
- Enjoy Holiday Leave : You can count on having 10 paid holidays off annually, plus any other holidays the President may declare.
- Balance Your Work/Life : You can expand your use of sick leave and a transportation subsidy to your personal benefit.
Get the details on all IRS career benefits.
SCEP (Student Career Experience Program)
Often referred to as a "co-op" program, this program offers part-time work experience while you are going to school, based upon an agreement between IRS and your college or university. When you graduate and complete our program, you will be eligible for a non-competitive conversion to a career or career-conditional appointment. While employed in this program, you are entitled to the benefits of federal employment based upon the number of hours you work. Click here for more information
Learn More and Apply Now
Ready to step into your new IRS career? Take a look at our career opportunities.
Count 0n Me
Get your first job with us.Search Now