Ten Easy Steps to Application Success
Whether you’re just deciding what kind of career you want to build, or are looking for a way to do more with the skills you’ve earned so far, the IRS let’s you use your talents to fund our nation’s future.
We offer many exciting full time careers for varied backgrounds, including temporary/seasonal jobs during tax filing season.
Build a career that helps to build your nation. You’ll find meaningful and interesting work, great benefits and enjoy work/life balance. Take the steps outlined here to Register, Search and Apply.
- Go to www.usajobs.gov
- Click “My USAJOBS.”
- Click Create Account and submit your information to register (or just log in if you’ve already registered and have created a resume.)
- Click Resume and Create a New Resume. Input your information and click Save For Later. (You can save up to 5 different resumes)
- The simplest way to search is to identify the job series numbers for the IRS jobs that interest you.
Now, go to: http://www.jobs.irs.gov/USAJOBS
(the IRS Job Search page of USA JOBS)
- When you’re ready to apply, scroll to the bottom of the Job Announcement and click “Apply Online”. Select your saved resume and follow the prompt.
- Click on a Job Announcement to learn about the duties, qualification requirements and available locations.
- If you decide to apply for a job, scroll to the bottom of the Job Announcement and click Apply Online. Select one of your saved resumes and follow the prompt.
Complete your application and click Finish.
Important: Be sure to review your application and resume for accuracy.
This page was last updated on January 23, 2012.
Count 0n Me
Get your first job with us.Search Now