Thank you for visiting the Internal Revenue Service's recruitment website.
We are committed to protecting your privacy rights, and we will not collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us. Your rights are ensured through the Internal Revenue Code, the Privacy Act, other federal statutes and IRS policies and practices.
IRS Internet Policy
(1) We will not collect personal information about you just because you visit this site.
In order to improve the usefulness of our website for our visitors, we automatically collect and maintain statistical information from our site's data logs that concern network traffic flow and volume. This information consists of:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (e.g., "company.com"; "school.edu"; or "agency.gov");
- The Internet Protocol Number (IPN);
- The date and time you visit our website;
- The type of browser and operating system you use to access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our careers website from another website, the address of that website.
This information does not identify individual visitors. It is retained for a minimum of 90 days in compliance with National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) record-keeping requirements.
(2) "Persistent cookies" collect personal information to recognize your computer in the future. The IRS does not use these, or any other technology, to collect personally identifiable information about visitors to our website. Cookies of a limited nature, however, may be used for voluntary customer surveys. Their purpose is to validate feedback, and cannot be used to identify survey participants or track Web usage.
"Temporary" or "session" cookies are used on all jobs.irs.gov Web pages. These cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser section. Session cookies are used by some of the IRS applications deployed on our website, as well, to accurately analyze how visitors navigate through our website at an aggregate level. These cookies do not collect personal information on visitors, and they are erased as soon as you close your Web browser. No personally identifiable information about you is maintained as a result of a temporary or session cookie.
You may configure your Web browser to accept or decline cookies, or to alert you when cookies are in use. You do not have to accept cookies from us, but if you choose not to, some of the functions on our site may not be available to you.
The IRS makes no attempts to identify individual users unless illegal behavior is suspected. In order to ensure that this service remains available to you and all other visitors, we monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage to the Web service. Use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030.
(3) We use our Web pages to provide information pertaining to the Internal Revenue Service and our recruitment efforts.
These pages may also offer you the opportunity to ask questions, request more information regarding IRS employment opportunities, or provide comment. Use of this option is voluntary and may require you to provide an email address. We will only use information from submitted forms, email messages and any other information you provide, for the specific reasons for which you provided it. If you submit a request for more information about IRS employment opportunities, it will be forwarded to the IRS Recruitment Team and to the appropriate recruiter(s).
(4) Any information we collect and maintain in the course of responding to you will be handled in accordance with the access and privacy protection requirements of the Privacy Act, the Freedom of Information Act, and the Internal Revenue Code. For further information regarding these statutes, visit the IRS Electronic Freedom of Information Act Reading Room.
(5) We will not share the information you give us with anyone unless required by law. We also will not sell your information.
It is up to you if you want to assume the risk of an unauthorized person learning your email address or any personal information you provide.
The Office of the Privacy Advocate
Internal Revenue Service
CL:PA Room 7050
1111 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20224
Count 0n Me
Get your first job with us.Search Now